CLAYTON — Multiple agencies responded to a house fire Wednesday morning on Reeves Court in Clayton around 11 a.m. Three cats, a gerbil and a bird were inside the home.
The gerbil and at least two cats were rescued. It is believed the bird did not survive. Firefighters from Trotwood and Englewood administered oxygen to the rescued cats outside the home.
The fire originated in the kitchen, according to Clayton fire officials. Engines from Englewood, Harrison Township and Trotwood responded to assist Clayton. All of the people inside the home escaped unharmed.