ENGLEWOOD — Katie Klain, facilitator at The Glen at St. Joseph, recently spoke to the Northmont Rotary about the mission of The Glen.
It is a residential, life-changing campus for single mothers with young children and was made for mothers who want to improve their lives. While they live at The Glen, mothers work toward earning a certificate or a degree.
The Glen program provides resources, tools, and support from people who truly care about mothers and children’s well-being and growth.
As a resident of the Glen, single mothers have a place to develop their resources. A Life Coach helps mothers determine their focus so they can build skills and become the person they want to be. Mothers get support to –
• Identify your Life Values
• Develop your career path and your plan to follow
• Become the parent you want to be
• Focus on your own education
• Manage your money
• Make better decisions
• Grow spiritually
Mothers and their child are of primary importance while at the Glen. To help them feel safe and reduce worry, the Glen provides –
• Two bedroom furnished apartments with rent based on your income
• Shared family and play areas
• Back porch with fenced back yard playground
• Special family events throughout the year
• Training rooms for Glen Curriculum
• Access to computers and printers
• High quality on-campus child care
• Non-denominational chapel
When a mother and her child comes to live at the Glen, she has a high-quality early learning center for her children just across the parking lot.
• Private 5-Star Early Learning Center (ELC) on the campus
• High teacher-to-child ratio for each infant, toddler and pre-school classroom
• ELC tuition co-pay based on your income
• Regular one-to-one parent-child conferences
• Individualized lesson plan for each child – 6 weeks through pre-school age
• Nationally recognized Highscope curriculum
For more information about The Glen at St. Joseph call (937) 252-1635 or email [email protected]
The Northmont Rotary Club meets at noon each Tuesday at Good Samaritan North Health Center, 9000 N. Main St., Englewood.