If we had just one dollar bill for all of the silly questions we are called upon to answer every day we’d all be millionaires several times over.
Here are some examples…
*Do you have any idea how fast you were going, sir?
* Read any good books lately?
* Did I hear you right?
* What have you been up to?
* Regular or High-test?
* Where have you been keeping yourself?.
* Haven’t we met somewhere before?
* Why do you look familiar?
* Will that be all for you today?
* Bottle or draft?
* Did you get a new car?
* Paper or plastic?
* Got a minute?
* Cash or charge?
* I beg your pardon?
* Date of birth?
* Do you spell your last name with one or two t’s.
* Catching anything?
I have a friend who swears he got even with all of the people who bombard him with questions.
He was at a fancy restaurant one evening and the waiter asked him “How would you like your steaks cooked?”
My friend was silent for a moment or two and then he replied “Yeah, sure, go ahead and cook it.”