ENGLEWOOD — This undated newspaper clipping makes mouths water with the menu of goodies soon to become available for customers at the Morgan House Restaurant and drive-through in the 900 block of Main Street south of Englewood Dam.
Randolph Township Historical Society member Eva Woolery recalls that her wedding to Gene Woolery was one of the first events held on site, and that took place in 1947. So, the grand opening must have happened sometime in summer of 1947 or 1948.
The newspaper clipping was donated to RTHS by member Connie Mitchell Porcher who lived in Morgan Place, and worked at the restaurant when in high school. The Society also as an original menu from the restaurant donated by Rita Wirth, and the drive-through sign is still owned by the Wirths, who took over the Morgan House after Whitey and Elsie Ellis (or some say Elsass) sold it.
The Randolph Township History Center is located at 114 Valleyview Dr., Englewood OH 45322. Visit the website at www.rths.org.