RANDOLPH TWP. — Mary Schaeffer and Phyllis Lambert had the whole world in their hands in 1943 when they posed with the globe at Sam Gingrich’s nursery, just south of the Stillwater Health Center on N. Main Street.
For many years, the structures Gingrich built of rebar concrete and decorative stones attracted attention of motorists traveling along State Route 48. Some of his work, including the globe, are displayed at the Randolph Township Historical Society’s History Center, 114, Valley View Dr., Englewood.
After the business meeting at 7 p.m. on Oct. 12, Ron Papp will present a slide show of a short talk about the Gingirch Nursery and the structures. The program is free to all.
For more information call 836-6751 or 836-6314.